[event_type], [get_acf selector=”event_start_date”]
Nearly 750 foundations have signed philanthropy’s COVID-19 pledge, committing them, among other important practices, to lift up the voices of those least heard in the public discourse and decision-making around crisis response. Fund for Shared Insight joined with Grantmakers for Effective Organizations to host a webinar exploring how funders might live out that commitment and related goals and values around connecting with, listening to, being informed by, and acting on what we hear from the people and communities we seek to help.
The webinar, hosted by Melinda Tuan, managing director of Fund for Shared Insight, and moderated by Marcus Walton, CEO of GEO, featured a discussion with Kelley Gulley of The James Irvine Foundation, LaTida Smith of the Moses Taylor Foundation, and Melissa Luna of GreenLight Fund Boston. #FundersListening
- Fund for Shared Insight video: “Perspectives from People Who Give Feedback, Part 1: Why Does Listening Matter?”
- Center for Effective Philanthropy blog post by LaTida Smith, president and CEO, Moses Taylor Foundation: “How Learning to Listen Prepared One Funder for Its Crisis Response”
- Center for Effective Philanthropy blog post by Valerie Threlfall, Listen4Good; Fay Twersky, William and Flora Hewlett Foundation; and Melinda Tuan, Fund for Shared Insight: “Fulfilling Philanthropy’s COVID-19 Pledge: Listening in a Time of Crisis”
- GEO cross-post by Carolyn Wang Kong, Blue Shield of California Foundation: “Two Years Into Our Journey – Lessons in Listening and Humility”
- The James Irvine Foundation listening sessions and findings report on the AAPI California Workers Survey
- Fund for Shared Insight’s upcoming Listen4Good co-funding and grant opportunity:
- For funders: https://fundforsharedinsight.org/listen4good/for-funders/. Register for June 18 webinar.
- For nonprofits: https://fundforsharedinsight.org/listen4good/for-nonprofits/
- Fund for Shared Insight’s #Feedback4Equity campaign
- Ekouté landscape scan on foundation listening: “Bridging the Gap: A Review of Foundation Listening Practices”
- Listen4Good Tips for Listening During COVID-19
- Feedback Labs resource page: “Listening During COVID-19: A Framework for Funders,” and blog post: “Listening: A Key Element of Crisis Preparedness”