L4G Information for Funders OPEN (archive, 2017)
How Funders Can Participate in 2017
We are thrilled to announce that we will be offering up to 75 Listen for Good grants in 2017.
In order to engage more funders in supporting beneficiary feedback efforts and using client feedback data to inform their work, L4G is structured as a co-funding opportunity. Funders can nominate existing grantee(s) and commit to contributing $15,000 of the $45,000 grant total for each nonprofit selected. Funders may nominate as many grantees as they wish, but we encourage funders to prioritize organizations that want to collect feedback from the people they seek to help whose voices are least heard. The grantees should also want to participate and have the capacity to do so.
To nominate a grantee(s) or learn more, please email Lindsay Louie, Project Director, Listen for Good, at email@example.com.
Informational Webinars for Nominating Co-Funders
We are holding a series of open conference calls to answer questions from potential co-funders about how to nominate a grantee(s) for Listen for Good. Based on previous webinars, we are updating our frequently asked questions (FAQ) documents that will be provided above. Please read these FAQ first before asking your questions via email or the conference calls to make the best use of everyone’s valuable time. Thank you!
- Friday, April 7, 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern – closed
- Friday, April 21, 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern – closed
MISSED A FUNDER WEBINAR? Click here to watch a WebEx video recording of one of our sessions.
Timeline for Nominating Co-Funders
- ASAP by May 26, 2017: Let your grantee(s) know you will nominate them for Listen for Good and share information about L4G with them
- June 2017: Fund for Shared Insight will confirm your nomination of a grantee(s) via email
- September 2017: If your nominated grantee(s) is accepted to L4G, Shared Insight will send you a standard, robust set of grant application materials
- By December 31, 2017: Provide a $15,000 grant per accepted grantee to Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) for Fund for Shared Insight/Listen for Good (please do not write the grant to your grantee or to RPA mentioning the specific grantee as these cannot be “pass-through” grants)