Grantee Gathering 2016 Info
Grantee Gathering, Reception and Dinner
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8AM – 9PM
We are delighted to share details of our upcoming Fund for Shared Insight Grantee Gathering, Reception and Dinner.
Please use this information to help plan your travel and accommodations for the event. We are excited to bring all of you together and look forward to a focused time of sharing and learning!
RONALD REAGAN BUILDING & INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTER
PAVILION ROOM – 2ND FLOOR
1300 PENNSYLVANIA AVE., NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20004
Directions to Reagan Building Pavilion Room
Please note you will need to pass through security and provide an ID to enter the building.
Schedule for October 26 – Grantee Gathering
|8:00am – 9:00am||Breakfast and Registration|
|9:00am – 9:15 am||Welcome and Opening Remarks|
|9:15am – 10:15am||Overview of Fund for Shared Insight and Feedback Loops
• Small group discussion
|10:15am – 10:30am||BREAK|
|10:30am – 11:30am||Feedback Loops in Action
• Short talk by Center for Employment Opportunities
• Short talk about Listen for Good learnings to date
• Small group discussion
|11:30am – 12:35pm||LUNCH and Keynote Speaker
• Armchair Discussion between Fay Twersky, Hewlett Foundation and Co-Chair Fund for Shared Insight and Fred Reichheld, Bain & Company and founder of the Net Promoter System
|12:35pm – 1:05pm||Open Networking Time|
|1:15pm – 2:30pm||Gathering and Making Sense of Feedback Data
• Short talks by PACE, Good World Solutions and Our House
• Breakout Sessions: (1) Strategies for Effective Data Collection; (2) Designing Effective Surveys; (3) Making the Most of Qualitative Data; (4) Drawing Insights from Quantitative Data
|2:30pm – 2:45pm||BREAK|
|2:45pm – 4:15pm||Responding to and Closing the Feedback Loop
• Short talks by YouthTruth, Habitat GSF, and Nurse-Family Partnership
• Breakout Sessions: (1) How to Respond to the Data; (2) How to Share the Data Internally; (3) Strategies for Closing the Loop with Constituents
|4:15pm – 4:45pm||Summary Feedback and Looking Ahead|
|5:00pm – 6:00pm||RECEPTION|
|6:15pm – 7:15pm||Feedback, Increasing Foundation Openness, and Improving Philanthropy
• Conversation between Our House and Kellogg Foundation; PACE and Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Q&A
|7:15pm – 9:00pm||DINNER|
Additional Details About 2016 Grantee Gathering
DRESS: BUSINESS CASUAL
1331 PENNSYLVANIA AVE., NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20004
If you are staying at the JW Marriott, you should have received email confirmation of your lodging arrangements from Michelle Mengel. Shared Insight is paying the hotel directly for the nights of October 25 and 26. If you are staying additional nights, you will be asked for payment upon check-in.
Please note, all Marriott Rewards members receive free wifi during their stay. If you are not a member and would like to become one, you can sign up here. It is free and takes only a few moments. This is completely optional and is presented only as an opportunity for cost savings. If you choose not to become a member, Shared Insight will cover your wifi costs.
You will also be asked for a credit card to cover incidentals during your stay.
The hotel is across the street from the Reagan Building. Directions from the JW Marriott to Reagan Building Pavilion Room.
Breakfast, lunch, a cocktail reception and dinner will be provided on the 26th. For all other meal expenses, we will reimburse up to $200 per person.
We will reimburse you for a round trip coach fare of up to $1,000 total per person including taxes and fees. If you are traveling from outside the US, we will reimburse round trip coach fare of up to $2,000 per person including taxes and fees.
We will reimburse up to $600 per person, round trip, including taxes and fees. If you are traveling from more than 60 miles away, please plan to arrive on Tuesday, October 25, 2016, as we are planning an early start on October 26, 2016.
The train station with regional Amtrak service is Union Station (1.7 miles from Reagan Building). You are welcome to use a taxi service or take the metro to the Reagan Building.
We will cover transportation costs to and from the airport, Ronald Reagan International Trade Center, and hotel. This includes parking, public transportation, taxi service and personal vehicle mileage at $.54 /mile. We recommend that you use a taxi service from the airport to the Reagan Building.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED
- Incidentals at the hotel
- Limo or town car service
- Entertainment expenses
HOW TO SUBMIT EXPENSES FOR REIMBURSEMENT
Please remember to save all of your receipts. The Fund for Shared Insight cannot reimburse expenses without a valid receipt. Please complete the Payment Request Form (at the pop up prompts, select “Enable macro” and “Ignore links”) with your address and expenses as line items. Please make sure to number your receipts and refer to their number in the “Receipt Number” column.
If you would like your payment to be deposited directly into your bank account, please provide your bank information. Please note that there will be a bank-imposed fee if you choose a direct deposit.
In addition, you will need to:
- Scan all of your receipts into a PDF file and attach the PDF to the reimbursement form. If you are requesting mileage reimbursement, please include a map. (You may want to save the original receipts until you receive your reimbursement.)
- Email your PDF receipts and the excel version of the Payment Request Form to Michelle Mengel at Michelle@fundforsharedinsight.org.
Questions related to expenses and reimbursement should be directed to Michelle Mengel at Michelle@fundforsharedinsight.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the Fund for Shared Insight Grantee Gathering!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Melinda Tuan at Melinda@fundforsharedinsight.org or Michelle Mengel at Michelle@fundforsharedinsight.org.